Subject: Re: Downloading Mushy Files..
From: Mush <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 14:45:23 -0500 (EST)

At 11:52 AM 3/24/97 -0600, Adam Parrott wrote:
>Greetings Andy.

Well, hello there!!

>
>Tis Adam here.
>
>I was curious as to how your mailform works on your PD site works. Is 
>there a directory on your demon or Tripod site where you keep your 
>archives stored (I'm guessing there is on your demon account)? If 
>there is, would it be imposing to ask if you could point me to where 
>your archives and files (for the "Ordering PD") are stored? This 
>would be helpful as you remember I also use my PC for netting and I 
>have 28.8 connection, so, if there was a file I found that I wanted 
>on one of your mag pages, I could navigate on over to the directory 
>and download the file directly (which would be so much faster than 
>getting it sent to me via e-mail, which is dang slower). Thanks.
>
>Adam Parrott, mailto: [email-masked]
>

Believe me, there is nothing I would like better, than having to kick in
Twin express, and transfer loads of data between machines. Because im with
demon (till the end of july) they WONT under no circumstances allow me to
use my own CGI scripts, which is a real pain in the arse as I studied to be
a webspace provider in my own time, and found out I couldnt even do an
auto-reply form.

Instead, the form is emailed to me when the submit button is pressed, and I
have to email the programs out. This is a real pain in the arse, as I have
to "Stop" my mailer sending out programs, until I have a queue of
everything, which is usually around 15Mb a day when its good.

Im currently looking into getting a 200Mb webspace from Nethosting, which
offers me unlimited bandwidth and GGI script usage, so I will be able to
have an FTP side to my pages, rather than being emailed. It will cost me
$125 to turn on www.mushy-pd.com, and 15$ monthly to maintain, with $5 for
every 50 megs of space extra.

I hope this answers your questions.

Andrew Kellett

 Irc nick: Mush, Fish-Guy

***************************************
MUSHROOM PD - Top AMOS code supplier

Look for the new order forms on my page and have
all programs delivered to you via the net! No charges!

Also, see how you can get involved with Extreme 
AMOS 4 by viewing my homepage!!

Homepages on http://www.mushy-pd.demon.co.uk
and now http://members.tripod.com/~mushypd/
***************************************
"Son, should the cat be bald....." - Andrew Kellett